Sierra Nevada Journeys is hiring a part-time educator position in Reno. Check out the details below!
Sierra Nevada Journeys is seeking dynamic education professionals to help expand the program base in Reno, NV. This position requires motivated individuals with an engaging personality and an insistence on excellence who is passionate about building scientific literacy and critical thinking capacity through outdoor science education across classrooms that mirror the demographics in Northern Nevada. We are seeking someone prepared to teach in a variety of settings (classroom, outdoors, family science nights), grade and analyze assessments and support the overall education operations of the Classrooms Unleashed program. The position requires an individual who is able to thrive independently and work well on a team, and who is committed to supporting a non-profit on the cutting edge of the Informal Education industry. Part-time Educators will report directly to Sierra Nevada Journeys’ Reno Program Manager. To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email please include “Reno PT Educator” and your last name.
- 2 + years teaching experience (Substitute license or teaching credential required). Current licensure not required to apply, but if considered for the position must be actively pursuing or willing to do so. Hours may be reduced until the candidate is able to teach solo in the classroom with a current licensure (substitute or teaching credential).
- Excellent written, phone and in-person professional communication skills
- Current Red Cross CPR and First Aid (or willing to fulfill this requirement prior to start date)
- Ability to pass background check
- Passionate commitment to providing opportunities for/working with kids of all backgrounds
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is fast-paced, creative, dynamic, and growing
- The ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and hike 4-5 miles with a backpack
- Reliable vehicle (ability to drive to school and field sites in and around a large city)
- Motivated with a flexible “Go-to” attitude
- Comfortable and skilled at jumping in to teach new content on short notice (during training and while on the regular job)
Megan Duggan | Marketing and Communications Director | email@example.com
Sierra Nevada Journeys is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that delivers innovative outdoor, science-based education programs for youth. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and are expected to serve our 100,000thstudent. Please consider making a secure donation to provide SNJ program scholarships for our community’s low-income students.
Upcoming: Sacramento’s Big Day of Giving is on May 4th, 2017!